Saturday, October 8, 2011

Something good this way comes.

 Bella and her pumpkin. I think she named it pork chop
 We went golfing with Dad's Elders quorum today at Pierce park golf course. About 10 guys showed up and we played a classic scramble game.
 Jake came and didn't do too shabby! most of the shots that we took were within 5 feet of each other. We had a grand ol' time on a beautiful saturday morning. 
 I liked this shot because I got the ball in the shot as well. It's as the very top of the screen. 
 So after everyone left. Dad and I and two other guys stayed and played another 9 holes. Every hole was only about 80-100 yard par 3s. so all you really needed was a putter and a pitching wedge. So I pull out my sand wedge which puts the ball really high in the air but as a shorter distance than say your driver. There I was, lined up and perfectly poise. Take the shot and when we got up to the ball it was completely flush with the soggy grass! The way I was playing I wasn't too surprised the ball wanted some rest. ;) 
So lately I have had this pretty intense feeling that something great is on its way. It's helped me in a lot of ways, namely, when I am having a rough day and what not, I think to myself, "meh, its not so bad because something great is coming." what that something is, i really don't know but what I do know is that coupled with that feeling is a sense of urgency to prepare for whatever it is. Get smarter. Get stronger. Get kinder. Get more spiritually in tune...sometimes I  think that what I am feeling is what some people consider "hope" either for a better world or for better than now. But I'm pretty sure that it is more along the lines of the Lord telling me " Hey, get ready or else you wont enjoy what's coming the way you are meant to." definitely something to consider. 

2 comments:

  1. So true! I've totally felt that way before and something good always does come. If you're spiritually prepared and close to your Heavenly Father you'll be able to see the positive and enjoy anything.

    It looks like you guys had a great time golfing. That's kind of a cool Elder's Quorum activity. Also, awesome shot with the ball. I laughed out loud when I saw how deep it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can follow your feelings and not just say to heck with it. Your are very intune and work hard to follow what you know to be right. I guess that is called stepping up.
    I love the shot of the ball in the sky. Glad Jake could go.

    ReplyDelete