Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Start of the New school year

School is going great. I have my own room because my roommate never showed (yesssss). It's really nice to have your own room when you payed the price of sharing. I can go to bed and wake up without having to worry if I am bothering them or the other way around. I am making a huge leap in my cleanliness this go around by picking up and maintaining my clean room daily. It is starting to become an eyesore if i have socks on the floor or a loose shirt on the other bed. Cleanliness is next to Godliness right? It definitely helps to have a clean room when you are studying too.

My room is a great place to do my homework as well. My roommates are really funny and they are always joking or laughing about something. I am excited to get to know them better this semester. My classes are great. A lot of reading which this time around I am not too bent out of shape about because I am enjoying almost everything I am reading. Confucius said, "You cannot read a book without learning something new." and It's true. At work my co-worker Orrey, had a child development text book that I thumbed all the way through. I learned a ton just by glancing at the definitions on the sided of the text and the little explanations of the pictures. Did you know that the chances of a woman having a down syndrom baby in her 20's is 1 in 800? A woman in her late 30's is 1 in 67 and a woman in her 40's is 1 in 16? crazy stuff.

I drove down to Boise to watch Jake play with his band INTERSTATE and it was so worth the drive. He had a guy, Mike Quinn, open for him and he used loop pedals to record himself over and over to play his songs. It sounded like 4 or 5 guys at once playing! Jakes group did amazing and they played a lot of their new stuff and a few covers of desperado and a Keith Urban song. I'll try to put up videos for you all. They are a really good performing band. Check them out at Interstateband.net







1 comment: