Monday, May 6, 2013

Alaska Adventure


Hey everyone, I am updating you all at the same time so I am very sorry that I haven’t been that up-to-date with my blog as of late. But since I am on my next adventure I thought it would be a great idea to fill ya’ll in.

First and foremost, I find it really funny that my life is going pretty close to plan from my last blog post. I have graduated from BYUI this last April, earned my commercial drivers license to work in Alaska driving tour busses for the cruise ships in Juneau. And I have found my dream girl Emily Thomas! We are engaged and planning on getting hitched in the Boise temple on August 31st at 1:00pm. I will have to dedicate a whole blog post to her so you all can know, in part, how awesome she is and who would be loving enough to have me for time and eternity. She IS real, I have picture to prove it.  J
We got engaged and 2 weeks later I was whisked away to Alaska to begin work there for a few months. It’s going to be tough to be apart with everything that we have to accomplish but I am confident that we will make this work and get to know each other on a deeper level than we would be able to otherwise.
Alaska is beautiful! Our apartment is brand spankin’ new and we have pretty much everything we need, minus Internet. Today was the day that all the drivers working in Juneau got together and visited all the places that we will be taking people to. It was a fun filled day full of quick stops and longer strolls to see the glaciers and waterfalls. That took up most the day and about 2 o’ clock I was starting to jump into a bus of my own to drive around with an experienced driver.
I wanted to get my bus skills back up to par so I asked if we could go to the most difficult places first. He was shocked because most people just wanted to go to the glacier again. Haha. The glacier was cool but I just wanted to feel comfortable doing the really tough stuff, so that when the time came, it would be just a smooth transition. He said I did great and I know the Lord was helping me a ton. 

3 comments:

  1. "she IS real, i have a picture!" hahahahaa. jonathan everything looks amazing!!! keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a long update! Those mushroomy trees look amazing. I'm excited to hear about the weird people you meet and strange adventures you always seem to have. I love that picture of Emily, she is so beautiful. Is there a story behind that cake? I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo....not August 31st, I'm out of town! You're killing me, but so happy at the same time! I've only been to Alaska in the winter, I love your pictures.....now I can see what's under all that snow!

    ReplyDelete