After conculting with other doctors in Boston, they concluded that the best method would be to treat her symptoms as full on berkitts. Which a bone marrow transplant and radiation is not a part of. Since she had symptoms of A.L.L. as well, those two proceedures are still on the table, they just aren't set in stone as they were before.
She is responding well to treatments and recently has had some really bad migraines from the LPs (spinal taps). Last night and this morning she has had splitting headaches that come rushing out of nowhere and she can go from zero to 60 in a matter of 5 to 10 minites. Fortunately they have lots of medication to help combat it.
Last night they gave her more stuff to keep flushing her system and so she would have to use the bathroom every 2 hours. The hard part about that for anyone who knows about migraines is that movement and light and sitting up make things a lot worse.
She is in a CT scan right now to make sure that everything is OK around her eyes and brain and that the headaches are only due to the LPs. The nurse made us laugh this morning when she put her hand on Emily's shoulder and said "Emily, you need to stop crying. It puts more pressure on your eyes and makes your migraine worse. I know it sounds silly but you need to relax and breath more." Lol Emily followed direction and surprisingly there was more immediate relief than before.
She still has her hair but we are guessing that next week sometime is when it will start to fall out. Other than these things she is happy. Jack makes her so happy and hopeful. He brightens our day and gives us the strength and focus that we need to keep our chins up.
The last picture is of Emily as she was getting ready for her ct scan. She still has to wear a mask and the ice pack on her head helps a ton to abate the headache and keep her cool.
I love the last picture of Emily and Jack and I love the first picture of Jonathan and Jack! You guys should absolutely frame those pictures. I'm so sorry to hear that Emily is having headaches from the procedures. Headaches are the worst and I know there is nothing anyone can do to make you feel better besides medication. I'm glad the hospital is so on top of things and can help her out.
ReplyDeletePrayers so glad that she's in the best place love you all
ReplyDeleteStill as sweet as ever.
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures of you and the boy, Jonathan. Go emily!! She's going to look beautiful with short hair! Still reading the blog and keeping up with you guys. ❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteThe pictures of each of you holding Jack are wonderful. Isn't it amazing the peace a baby can bring into chaos? I'm sorry for Emily's headaches (not to mention repeated spinal taps!) but I'm grateful to know something specific to pray for. And I love, love, love that last picture of your wife and son.
ReplyDelete