Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Still in the ICU

Hey everybody,  I'll is still in the ICU. Her migraines have all but gone and her blood pressure is down with just oral medication. They still want her in there for another 24 hours just to make sure she is alright without assistance. She is nauseated a lot of the time now but they give her lots of anti nausea meds. It's been tough to just sit there as she battles something. We got the sacrament on Sunday and the missionaries gave her a blessing too. It was a great peaceful moment for the two of us.

My mom is taking off today and I can't tell her thank you enough. Her and my dad helped Emily Jack and I since the beginning of this roller-coaster and we are so grateful for my mom's help in taking care of Jack and staying up with him and bringing him to us when Emily is feeling good. Thank you so much!

Emily's mom made it up and it was a changing of the guard of sorts. We are also very very grateful for her time and sacrifice to be here when we need her most. I know that Jack is loving all the grandparent love and he is already getting big. We love him so much and it's pretty tough not being able to see him while she is in the ICU. pictures are good but they aren't the real thing.

I was able to attend a meeting with the head nutritionist, pharmacist oncologist and ICU doctor, a few students and some nurses regarding Emily. Everything was pretty positive and there was definite proof that the chemo was working and that she was getting better.

Below is a freaky picture someone drew that hangs near the cafeteria. The white thing is my pillow in the ICU lol.

3 comments:

  1. That is a freaky picture and your pillow made me laugh out loud. I'm glad Emily's headaches are mostly gone at this point. Hopefully she'll be out of the ICU soon. Jack looks like such a sweet happy little guy. I can't wait to meet him.

    Something that came to mind when you said Emily was feeling nauseous, when Vivian (Dad's secretary) would feel that way she would always put a candy mint (like the ones you get from pizza hut) in her mouth. She said for whatever reason that the peppermint taste helped. I know Emily probably can't have anything like that right now and probably wouldn't want to if she's feeling super sick but I thought I would pass that along just in case. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Picture! Not super inspirational. Audrey is a serious artist - and soon you'll have your own collection of "freaky kid drawings" from her. Do you like your super snake pillow? it looks awful. I'm SO glad Emily will be getting out of the ICU. Trading a giant screen for a giant baby sounds like a good thing to me (seriously - Jack looks so much bigger already . . .maybe longer is a better word). Is that the mask Emily has to wear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the update 😊 love you guys so happy that chemotherapy is working and glad to her that Emily is okay and that jack is so content praying for all 3 of you love you all

    ReplyDelete