Thursday, October 8, 2015

An unexpected morning

First of all, thank you to everyone for their very generous donations for Emily. We feel so blessed and we are overwhelmed by the love we have been shown over the last 4 months.

Everything is going pretty well. Unfortunately Emily got a fever last night around 4 am. She had a temperature of 100.3 and she was freezing cold in spite of all the blankets and socks. I called the clinic and they said if she hits 100.8 that we should bring her in.

I took her temperature again 3 minutes later and it was 100.7.  The nurse said that we should probably bring her in. The dread of going back to the hospital was enough for us to wait 15 minutes to check again. Knowing all too well that if she was admitted with a fever, she would need to stay at the hospital until all of her counts recovered...yesterday her neutrophils were at zero. So that would nearly guarantee that we stay in the hospital a week maybe 3.

We took the temp again and it jumped to 101.5 . Emily was so brave and ultimately made the decision to go to the hospital. We said by to Jack and Kathy and went to LDS hospital. They took her temperature at the hosptial and it was 97.5.

So we thought, "great we can just head out now. :) "  but the nurses said that the fever always comes back. So here we are. Trying to keep our spirits up. We know we made the right decision because doing the hard thing when it's hard is the only way to really grow.

Please pray for Emily's counts to recover quickly. And thank you again for everything you have done for us.

1 comment:

  1. You guys I am so sorry! That is so so hard, but I'm glad that you are being as careful as you can. I'm praying for speedy number jumps :) You should put a link to the giveforward account on the sidebar of this blog for people who aren't on facebook but still regularly check the blog.

    ReplyDelete