Sunday, October 11, 2015

Waiting on the counts

As of this morning Emily's neutrophils are still at zero. Needless to say she is antsy and anxious to get out of the hospital. She still gets a neupogene shot everyday and I can see that it's frustrating getting a shot everyday only to see zero improvement.

On the brighter side, we both sleep great in the hospital now. She gets 25 mgs of benedryl and I take 3 mgs of melatonin. We both sleep like babies.

Speaking of babies, Jack is doing great. He's eating tons, grabbing things he wants to put in his mouth and my Mom got him to laugh pretty hard today.

Emily's Mom got back to Canada safely and we once again loved having her here. We are so grateful for her personal sacrifices to be with us and with Jack. We will miss her and we know that Jack will miss her too. My mom made it into town and I can tell she is going to have a blast with Jack. We attribute a lot of Jack's development to his loving grandmothers. I think that's why he is so smiley.

Emily and I are truly amazed by the donations we have received in just the first week! Emily told me tonight that she didn't know it would bring her this much peace of mind knowing that we had a safety net again. Thank you to all who have donated in the ways that you could.

Link to donate for Emily.
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/81bb/emily-s-entourage

No comments:

Post a Comment