Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July

Earlier in the morning, I picked up Jake and Jack and we headed back to the hospital for the day. It's been fun having Jake here to help out and help take our minds off of things.

We had a lot of visitors and it was great to see everyone who came. We saw our friend Margaret in the morning and caught up with her. She gave Emily a pep-talk that really helped her out. She also brought some cute clothes for Jack and Emily.

Dave and Shirla Wheeler visited along with a surprise visitation by my brother in law Kenley who was passing through to pick up his car. My sisiter Kristin said to keep an eye on him in case he wanted to take Jack with him and then he later explained that he would give him back when he got expensive haha.

Jake and I went and ate at a Korean restaurant and had glorified bacon and all the fixings. The waitress woman loved that I spoke a little Korean and offered to make Jake and I "better food" at her and her husband's house lol. I love Korean people and their food.

Jack has been spitting up a little less frequently but I think it's just a baby thing. He doesn't have a fever and only gets upset when it comes out his nose. Once we use the little sucker thing, he smiles and all is well in the world.

Emily's hair is starting to come out. Strand by strand. Fortunately it's not in big patches. It is yet to be determined if and when we will shave it all off. She's holding out for family pictures with Jack on Monday and then we will see. She didn't get chemo on the 4th which was a nice break and her body is holding up very well. No blood transfusions yet which after so much chemo is a miracle in and of itself.

She still has some headaches most of them are caused by the chemo. The nausea being bad is an understatement and she is on anti nausea meds pretty much all day everyday. She took some that knocked her out about 8pm so Jake, Jack and I prepared to go back to Layton.

Jack spit up while in his car seat so Jake and I cleaned him up and it was this weird flash back of memories of Jake and I doing crazy and silly things together in high school. Now we are cleaning spit up, feeding, burping, changing diapers, and baby clothes together. I'm really blessed to have such a great friend and brother like Jake. And if you can't picture the two of us doing all that stuff together, we did have adventure time playing in the background while eating loads of candy after playing Mario cart Wii. Some things will never change.

With Emily asleep we drove back to Layton and watched the countless fireworks going on all around us on the freeway.

3 comments:

  1. You weren't joking about the bacon :) I'm so glad Jake was there, true friends are there when you unexpectedly need them in life.
    And grateful for Nurse M who didn't tip toe around what needs to happen, and so happy to hear Emily ate a little more and did more than a mile on a bike?! K, she's making the rest of us look bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's funny that Kenley and Jack's outfits coordinate so well. You and Jake are awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love u guys 😊 and kenley can't take jack lol I want him he's adorable and I can't wait to meet him

    ReplyDelete