Monday, July 27, 2015

Lazy Sunday

Today we went to church for sacrament and they had transfered our records there already so that was nice. Then it was off to the hospital to get a neupogene shot. We were in and out in 30 minutes and that was nice.

Jack did so well today. His fussy time is between 9 pm and 11pm and we just think it's funny most of the time. Almost like he is trying to be mad but is really happy. His lip will get pouty and he will let out a yelp, startle himself, and the  look around for what made the noise for a minute for two. He also likes when Emily sings Will-I-Am and Britney Spears. Our lullaby selection spans from Black Eyed Peas to smashing pumpkins. Kathys singing of "stay awake" from Marry Poppins and "Hush-a-by Mountain" from chitty chitty bang bang is probably more soothing. Haha But I can't get the "I used to be a little boy... what I choose is my choice" out of my head when I hold him.  And thanks to Shelly's baby shower CD, whenever I see him in the morning, I always sing the "good morning son, I am a bird wearing a brown polyester shirt. You want a coke? Maybe some fries? The road beef combos only 9.95. It's ok, you don't have to pay. I've got all the chaaaaaaaange." It's just too darn catchy to resist.

The Bastians stopped by today and it was awesome to see them. We haven't seen those two in about 2 years. The last time we saw them, they were dating and it was at our wedding reception!

Emily got a super soft sweater from Erin Jensen that was highly recommended. Emily absolutely loves it! It's too soft to describe. Thank you for that! We also got Shelly's cool cap. I think Kathy put a picture of me on Facebook with it on. Emily really likes how breathable it is. It will be perfect for the hot weather now.

Monday Emily has her shot and her 2nd Lumbar puncture. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

  1. Jack is changing so much! It looks like his cheeks are filling out a bit and I love it! I'm glad you and Emily are doing well and that you're singing your little one all kinds of music. You have to keep yourself entertained sometimes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture of Emily! Jack just sounds cooler every update. I'm officially requesting video proof of his awesomeness. I sing Disarm to Beckett too . . . although it somewhat less truthful coming from me :( Unconventional lullabies are my favorite (I wanted to put Labyrinth songs on that CD sooo bad . . .but I resisted) What an uplifting post! (and hurray for your records being where they belong)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love u all lots and lots of prayers going out to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I'm so happy to share the softness :) and of course it looks super cute on Emily. My favorite song to wake our kids is from Singing in the rain, Good morning, good mooorning! It's great to stay up late... But clearly I should be getting advice on lullabyes from you guys!

    ReplyDelete