Today Emily was feeling pretty healthy in spite of 2am chemo treatments. The doctors came in and gave us the scoop on the coming weeks. Tomorrow we will be released in the late afternoon. On Sunday we will come back in for a neupogene (sp?) Shot that will make her bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. More or less bring her immune system back. Then on Monday she has a lumbar puncture And then another on Wednesday. Thursday we will have another over night stay where they will give her a bigger dose of rotuxin and keep an eye on her. Then probably that weekend she will be back in for another 3 to 5 days of chemo. All of this is subject to change but it is what we are going off of right now.
She was really anxious today before her lumbar puncture. Really anxious. The night before, she was calm and then worked herself into a panic in a matter of seconds worrying about her procedure the following day. I can't do much to help her body heal faster but I feel like she really listens to me when I try to calm her down. She truly trusts my advice and asurences which helps her remember to take a deep breath and trust that everything will work out. And it always does. I'd like to take all the credit for her axiety leaving but the nurse gave her about 2 milligrams of Ativan before her lumbar puncture and it really helped.
It also helps with nasea which after getting sick a few times, they gave her more Ativan. I'm happy to say that she has been sound asleep for a good 4 hours. The nurse even came in to scan her wristband and Emily didn't move muscle when she lifted her wrist. She is breathing so we are good there. I can tell because she will start to snore every now and then. (She's going to kill me for saying that when she reads this lol).
I went to Deseret Book for a few minutes and as I walked around felt really lonely. I don't know a lot of people who know how I feel so sometimes it gets kinda lonesome. I said a quick prayer that I would run into someone I know to take my mind off of things. About 2 hours later I was eating at a food court and I see my friend Helaman. I haven't seen him since the night I graduated from BYU-I. I though since he graduated that he would go back to Mexico. Needless to say we had a lot to catch up on over the last two years and it was so good to see him doing well here in the states.
I told Emily about my experience and we concluded that if the Lord cares about my needs, as little as they may be, to have this miracle happen from one prayer then the hundreds and thousands of prayers that she is receiving everyday means she is in pretty great shape. Lol maybe that's the real reason she is sleeping so soundly.
We couldn't do this without your prayers and support. Know that your prayers matter to us however they come.
Here are pictures of Jack and an awkward painting in Deseret Book. They are just staring at each other with blank expressions. I think the caption should be " Did you remember the snacks for sacrament?..."
Thank you for such an honest post, I know prayers are heard and answered. The trick is in seeing it. So glad for Emilys sound sleep and that sweet baby
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you ran into a friend. That really is an amazing answer to prayers. I must say that the DB painting inspired the most conversation at our house. (I LOVE that you posted it) What the heck? Why are they "almost" kissing? Who is it supposed to be? Where would you even put this in your house? We laughed and laughed. We always try to find the weirdest thing in the DB mailers - this would definitely win. Good find.
ReplyDeleteLet it be known that if you zoom in on the painting...they are both crying... weird factor of 2
ReplyDelete