Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wigs, water and driving fast

Today we woke up early to go to huntsman and see a neuro oncologist. It took us forever to walk from the parking garage to the office that frankly reminded us of Gringots. We found our check in place and then sat for 2 hours while the doctor told us what we already knew.

That they were going to do the rotuxin on Thursday.

On the bright side we are as smart as the  doctors.  BTW crystal light carbonates your water. Emily found out the hard way when she flipped up her water battle and it shot out all over her lol.

After huntsman we went to LDS hospital for a check up and all was well. Emily got pretty down because there was a rumor that they would admit her to the hospital on Thursday and start the second round of chemo early. A little ice cream and a long walk around the block seemed to cheer her up.

Then it was about time for her wig and make up class. I was pleased to go with Emily although I didn't get a wig. The teacher was super quirky and really like Emily and I. And since I was the only boy in the room I was the scape goat on most jokes about men. Still didn't get a wig.

The wigs were ok. She looked awesome is all of them but she said they weren't too comfortable. If they were comfy they looked straight out of the early 90s.

We went home for a couple hours and got to see Jack in all his glory. Emily got a little sick after dinner and has had a bloody nose off and on for the last two days. It got pretty bad and the hospital wanted us to come back to get it checked out.

So we are now waiting on the labs to see if we are staying here tonight or going home.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Jonathan. The first wig looks good, the second one - well something is wrong, and the third is awesome because of the attitude!
    I sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first wig, looks like our Emily. The 2nd just fun and the 3rd alittle like the teen girl on the incredible. Thanks for up date. Any news on Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the girls love you with your cute hats! They liked the first wig too because it looks the most like you! We hope everything comes back well with your labs. Love the Grover Girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily I love the first wig it looks like you secend wig is fun and the 3rd one mom is right looks like the incredible any news on Thursday??? Did you have to stay over night hopefully not keep smiling 😊 love you guys stay strong always lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls had a good laugh at the last two wigs. Funny how that second one has "roots".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily you are beautiful whatever you have on your head! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete